Jump to content
Wait a minute, im confused. I was a doorman at the ghost ranch, when it was open, and would see multiple fist fights in a weekend. Why all the publicity on this one in particular?? And how does he get charged with a felony for a bar fight while domestic violence offenders are charged with misdermeanors for doing just as much damage, or worse. If they are going to start arresting and charging for drunken brawls, then charge everyone and stop picking and choosing. I watched a long time local get teeth knocked out and multiple facial cuts when a drunk texan smashed a pint glass into his face in 09. The officer apologized to the texan for our local "riff-raff" then hauled the poor kid in from the ER after getting stitched up. So, again, im confused, why is this incident isolated and publicized, when it happens all the time.
Soo how about an "in county" locals discount on season passes? Its our working class community that caters to the tourism thats generated by the mountain. A little blue collar appreciation would be nice. I do look forward to Ski Times Square livening up with the night life again. When i first came to steamboat the Tugboat was the hot spot. When those lights go out at the end of the evening, a second wave of dinner rush is sure to hit the local restaurants. All around the amount of man hours that will be needed to make all this possible will create more positions for the mountain and surrounding businesses. All in all a great move for Steamboat. A locals discount would still be nice though, jus sayin.
Brady youre my hero!! ;-)
Bring on a JJ! Can we get a sonic drive in while were at it! I know i know all you health nuts are shakin a finger at me. But cruise nights in an old muscle car and a cherry limeaid, you dont know what your missin. Jus sayin...
Exploring change to see if it has a positive outcome is feared by many, repetively in every introduction. With mj its been around with alcohal and cigarretes, just not openly, socially, or publicly used or sold. Which if history keeps repeating itself, in a few years it will be the norm. It cant be any worse than lung cancer from nicotine, a drunk driving car accident, or an overdose on scripted meds. This is just one more thing parents will have to elaborate on while going over the dos and donts. While your at it might want to chime in on the freakish amount of time kids spend on electronics, social media, or violent video games. Mj is around, has been for a long time, and its about time its harvested for revenue that benefits more than just one or few people. Only time will tell. And everyone should be happy all that meth didnt make it to the streets up here, talk about the wrong stuff..
Ya tweekers suck. Glad that didnt make it to the streets. Have fun in prison.
Who would agree that the hotel should undergo a professional mold inspection? For the safety of employees and guests alike. Take into consideration the roof is bad, leaked in various places thru the winter, all three floors were effected, we even experienced a fire sprinkler line freeze and burst in the attic, and the amount shown in the crawlspace while it was flooded. Osha considers black mold, an occupational health hazard. Is there really a question as to why this is necessary?
I agree that my problems stemmed from an allergic reaction to the black mold. This being the second reaction ive had there. But when it came time to rule out whatever else might have been in that water, to ensure i didnt burn my lungs, this entire thing turned into the proffessionals being called in and taking proper steps towards resolution. Im doing the same for myself with the appropriate physicians.
Am i an environmental expert? No, im a maintenance guy, who expressed concern. A.d yes, we did pump that water out into a ditch with a rental pump. What was left out of this entire ordeal that ill share now to help you put in into perspective is immediately after coming out of that crawlspace i went into anaphylactic shock and was rushed to the hospital. An hour ago a Dr determined that my lungs are still inflammed. Yet my concern was for the safety of anyone else being exposed to this mess. Not my own. So if theres NO toxicity, and nothing spilled into that water, i must be allergic to bs, god knows theres plenty of that around. And ignore the thick film that topped the standing water in the third room. Thats what its supposed to look like.
Its too bad it took grandstanding to get the matter resolved. Youre company is a perfect example of that Mr Duckels. In 2005 an employee of yours broke his back on your work site. He returned to his loft and took a few days off, but when the swelling set in, and he lost sensation in his legs, he then had to beg n plead for coverage with your company to even get an mri. No Mr Duckels, i can see how youre not a fan in anything you big company owners dont want paraded out into our community. God forgive if we tell the truth, and air your dirty laundry. Anyone else here have a story of employees getting there problems swept under the rug to save corporate face!? Tell your tale. Us blue collars dont make enough money to be loyal, its just barely enough to scrape by, while we rake it in for the higher ups who never get dirty, sick, or injured.
Last login: Saturday, September 7, 2013
Contents of this site are © Copyright 2013 Steamboat Pilot & Today. All rights reserved.