Jeff Kibler

Jeff Kibler 3 weeks, 2 days ago on To bee or not to be

Good stuff, Tom.
Drones don't hold the same meaning today as when I was taught.

0

Jeff Kibler 3 weeks, 2 days ago on Bill would allow medical marijuana use in schools

Here's an interesting article discussing a hemp oil extract called "Charlotte's Web.” Its THC content is only 0.3 percent, yet it reduced 9-year-old Charlotte Figi's seizures "from 200-300 a week to just one or two a week."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/marijuana/marijuana-bringing-nfl-players-to-colorado-hoping-league-changes-its-policy

I think it would be helpful to disassociate hemp from MJ. Remove the hemp stigma caused by the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937, heavily influenced by William Randolph Hearst.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/02/12/history-made-childrens-hospital-colorado-treats-first-baby-with-hemp-oil/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

0

Jeff Kibler 4 weeks, 1 day ago on Routt County commissioners say no thanks to parks district beyond Steamboat city limits

One would think that before creating "... an expanding inventory of parks and recreation amenities ..." a plan would be in place to pay for maintenance. Don't build it then cry for more money after that fact.
P.S. Proof-reading must be so last century. "... city should look into forming a new government..." and a few other errors that hopefully will be corrected by the time you read this article.

0

Jeff Kibler 1 month ago on Our view: What are we waiting for?

Has the city changed the code? I saw obvious, recently constructed modular/manufactured homes in the city when I was shopping back in the late nineties. One thing for sure is that a house can be half stick-built, half-modular within the city limits. I've watched many new homes in my neighborhood that the first floor was stick-built, then the second floor was shipped in on semis and assembled with cranes.

0

Jeff Kibler 1 month ago on Our view: What are we waiting for?

My understanding is that Routt County will not allow any more manufactured home developments. Isn't that suppressing affordable housing?

0

Jeff Kibler 1 month ago on Steven Hofman: Fair and square in Colorado

He simply cannot support his assertions, which tend to be "studies show" and "most experts agree" passive-agressive delusions.

0

Jeff Kibler 1 month, 1 week ago on Bill study could even out health insurance costs across Colorado

Single Payer is simply a euphemism for some pay, some don't. Last I read was that only 45% pay federal income taxes. The remaining 55% have hats in hand, panhandling for more free stuff.

0

Jeff Kibler 1 month, 1 week ago on Steven Hofman: Fair and square in Colorado

Shades of 2000 when Nader split the Democrat vote, or 1992 when Perot split the Republican vote.
You will join a long list of those saying that they will leave the country, yet never do.

0

Prev