Hayden football rolls against Miami-Yoder
September 23, 2017
Sure, they tried to score a lot, but even the Tigers, themselves, were a little surprised at their offensive output Friday night.
The Hayden High School football team went on the road to beat Miami-Yoder, 62-12.
"We weren't really even trying to score that much," coach Ryan Wilkie said. "We put in our young kids, and even they scored 14 points. It was just a good night."
Patrick Hunter put in three touchdowns to help lead Hayden. The win improves the Tigers to either 3-1 or 4-0 on the season. The Colorado High School Activities Association ruled last week Hayden must forfeit a game it won against Justice, 56-12, after the Tigers reported having used an ineligible player late in the game. Wilkie said the team is appealing that decision.
Next up is a big one for the Tigers, a trip to play at 7 p.m. Friday at West Grand, 4-0 and ranked No. 5 in 8-man in the state.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Steamboat ski shop’s customers can now get tuned up while they get a tune up
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- New Thai restaurant coming to spice things up at base of Steamboat Ski Area