What part of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge are you most looking forward to?

The Stage 4 race finish 311 votes

42.03%

The Stage 5 race start 32 votes

4.32%

The downtown Steamboat Springs expo 37 votes

5.00%

It being over 360 votes

48.65%

740 total votes

Comments

steamboatsprings 2 years, 7 months ago

Nice job Pilot, cater to the trolls instead of supporting an event that so many have worked so hard to make possible.

stillinsteamboat 2 years, 7 months ago

why am I a troll? because I want to get to work on Friday without using a helicopter?

Brent Boyer 2 years, 7 months ago

Hi steamboatsprings, I'm not sure why you think this week's poll question amounts to catering to the "trolls." As far as supporting the Pro Cycling Challenge, you should know that we're one of the local business sponsors, and we've penned several editorials about the significance of this event coming to our city. We'll also be dedicating a significant amount of our staff time this week to covering every angle of the event. From a personal standpoint, I can't wait for Friday's Stage 4 finish on Lincoln Avenue.

Thanks, Brent 871-4221 bboyer@steamboattoday.com

DeezNuts 2 years, 7 months ago

Dear 55% of respondents who can't wait for "It Being Over"...

I'm wondering if you can name a summer event that Steamboat has hosted in the last decade that has:

A) Brought Steamboat this much television, print, radio and national press coverage? B) Attracted an international audience as well as the world's best athletes to our doorstep? C) Demanded this many THOUSANDS of volunteer hours over the past 11-months to make a reality?

Curious... do you feel this negative about the Steamboat Marathon? Rainbow Weekend? Wild West Air Fest? Are you that afraid of missing a half days work and possibly having to drive the long-way home that you're so eager to thumb your nose at this incredible opportunity to showcase our resort? If that's the case, good luck with your incredible future after this town's tourism dollars dry up. You obviously have no clue what side your bread is buttered on!

Jay Willson 2 years, 7 months ago

stillinsteamboat... sorry to inconvenience your precious Friday commute. Here are a few ideas for you: Hilltop connector, River Road, N. Steamboat Blvd, or how about a nice, healthy morning BIKE ride on our core trail? Do you get this annoyed when Main street closes so kids can trick or treat on Halloween? How about the 4th of July Parade? Winter Carnival? To the 150 people or so that can't wait for the race to be over, why not at least TRY and show a little support for our community and such a great event? The race will be in & out in the blink of an eye and the sprint finish Friday afternoon will be an exciting spectacle to watch. C'mon and sit down around the campfire with us instead of trying to take a leak on it!

stillinsteamboat 2 years, 7 months ago

North, this is more about needing a bypass than the bike race, but it was cool reading your comments.

Jay Willson 2 years, 7 months ago

Still... I agree, a bypass is long overdue. I'm tired of the rigs, backups, noise, and exhaust downtown. Someday it will happen. I'm just surprised that the Pilot even included choice number 4 in this poll. Cycling is an International sport and Steamboat is a world class, destination resort. The exposure that a race of this magnitude can bring to the Boat is underestimated. The whole town should line the streets Fri & Sat with cowbells in hand!

sledneck 2 years, 7 months ago

Mr Boyer, If the poll had shown more support for biking the comment would not have been made. Instead, that particular "troll" would be praising you for "community awareness" or some other clap-trap.

After I voted and saw the poll I just laughed and laughed and laughed. I had suspected there would not be a category called "It being over". Boy was I pleasantly surprised. Thanks for giving fully HALF of the community a great laugh with this one.

Fred Duckels 2 years, 7 months ago

We can't get the traffic off Lincoln soon enough in my estimate, if we are to be the resort of our dreams. Yampa Street is proving the desirability of a more tourist friendly atmosphere.

hereandthere 2 years, 7 months ago

The Troll population is increasing. Sitting in traffic tends to do that.

steamboatsprings 2 years, 7 months ago

I guess the issue I see is in the phrasing of the questions and why it being over would even be a choice. The Pilot has given excellent coverage of the race and shown many good things about it so that wasn't meant to be a broader comment.