If you received a mail-in ballot today, would you vote for Kevin Bennett or Cari Hermacinski for City Council in District 1?

Kevin Bennett 239 votes

39.83%

Cari Hermacinski 361 votes

60.17%

600 total votes

Comments

Martha D Young 4 years, 12 months ago

I can sit on my sofa and return repeatedly to this site and vote again and again. The disclaimer "this is not a scientific poll" ought to add that people can vote as frequently as they like, thereby totally skewing the poll's results.

BoatNative 4 years, 12 months ago

Great point Marthalee - Bennett is going to crush Hermacinski in the only poll that counts.

tkdman 4 years, 12 months ago

personally, I don't think that Attorneys, Real Estate Agents, Realtors, Developers, General Contracters or any other interest concerning the growth and building of Routt County should be able to run or serve as a city council member due to the conflict of interest involved. Someone out there with enough money to serve our community without impuning its integrity, must be available. 2 cents worth.

Fred Duckels 4 years, 12 months ago

tk, You propose to disqualify the private sector and let the redistributionists decide what is fair. I feel that we are better off letting the net producers run things. This council is a result of the lack of competency of past councils which more closely mirrored your expectations.

steamboatsprings 4 years, 12 months ago

The people against growth have just as much of a conflict of interest under that definition and are often more passionate about taking money or reaching their goals than most people are about making it

seeuski 4 years, 12 months ago

marthalee, give ACORN a call I'm sure they have experience in skewing polls, you think? Or elections.

seeuski 4 years, 12 months ago

And I just tried to re vote and the vote tally didn't change so maybe the techies have safeguarded the system. I guess that means Cari is pretty popular.

addlip2U 4 years, 12 months ago

Cari noted that she may not get re-elected so suddenly IS interested what the citizens of the community want? After laughing at the general public and their comments at the City Council meetings throughout her term?
C'mon!!!! Buying all those adds and pretending like she cared? Whom are you fooling?

Fortboat 4 years, 11 months ago

I honestly can't believe someone brought ACORN up.