Did you do more of your holiday shopping in Steamboat than out of town or on the Internet?

Yes 68 votes

29.18%

No 165 votes

70.82%

233 total votes

Comments

Kat Kelly 6 years, 9 months ago

The 'Boat is my new home town, so I did most of my shopping here in town and local shops, not walmart. I only online shopped for what I could not find in town. Merry Christmas!!!

sportzmama 6 years, 9 months ago

I went to the Front Range and did all of my shopping. There aren't enough choices here AND I could not afford to shop local.

smallfry 6 years, 9 months ago

Good question! I have always suspected internet shopping has found a comfortable home in Steamboat, and this confirms it!

Please remember this also means your delivery drivers (UPS, Fed Ex, DHL, and of course the Post Office) have to work extra hard during the holiday season - I saw UPS trucks out yesterday, on a Sunday! Please show them your appreciation.

another_local 6 years, 9 months ago

We did about 90% local shopping. The only exception was some gift certificates for hard to shop for out of town relations. As far as prices, they are the same here as anywhere for the things we were shopping for.

Malcolm_Reynolds 6 years, 9 months ago

If I can't buy it in Hayden, I WILL shop the internet and Steamboat Springs Schools WILL NOT get my tax dollars.

addlip2U 6 years, 8 months ago

The lack of competition drives the business out of Steamboat. I too object paying the high sales tax and choose to shop elsewhere, where prices are competitive and my business is appreciated.

corduroy 6 years, 8 months ago

I love doing most of my shopping in town. It's a tradition that I send my family neat Steamboat/mountain gifts they can't get in New York. My boyfriend and I also walk downtown and drive around to other local shops like Ski Haus on Christmas Eve to do last minute gifts for eachother and stocking stuffers. It's actually not any more expensive than going online, running up more credit card debt, and hoping things come in time, and not to mention how much easier it is to return something in person than over the Internet. :)

I just choose not to shop at stores like Walmart who don't really give back to the community and don't give a rats arse about their employees

twostroketerror 6 years, 8 months ago

Not dealing with the rude beyond rude (yes they pay our wages) tourists during the run up to xmas has been an absolute pleasure. Thank you broadband!!

corduroy 6 years, 8 months ago

oh sbvor get off it I hate evil huge corporations, sorry to be a buzzkill I'd rather go to the Dollar store than give Walmart any money

We REALLY need a place to buy video games and movies other than Walmart.. anyone?

corduroy 6 years, 8 months ago

honestly I have nothing to say to you.. i'm NOT going to click any of your links and I really do not care about your "facts"

My beliefs are mine, and I'm not going to change them based on a few Internet links

Martha D Young 6 years, 8 months ago

Better selection and lower prices cause me to shop almost exclusively via the internet. "Steamboat" souvenirs and overpriced gee-gaws don't appeal to me.