Photo detail

Steamboat Springs Fire Rescue firefighters cut through the roof a Winterwood Townhomes unit while fighting a fire Tuesday. Neighbors called shortly before noon and reported seeing a large amount of smoke coming from the roof. No one was home when the fire started, and damage was contained to one unit. Chief Mel Stewart said it appeared the fire started in an upstairs bathroom, and it could have been caused by an electrical problem. Stewart said the damage was moderate but repairable.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.