October 9, 2011
Historic Routt County is working to restore the historic Foidel Canyon Schoolhouse near Twentymile Mine. Built in 1926, the schoolhouse was closed in the early 1960s after schools in Routt County were consolidated.
Stories this photo appears in:
The white paint on the wooden walls of the Foidel Canyon Schoolhouse started to peel off years ago, and its foundation continues to sag and flood with rainwater. But the historic building still looks about the same as it did when it closed its doors and dismissed students for the last time in the early 1960s.