Photo detail

West Routt firefighters check for hot spots after a mobile home burned to the ground this morning in the Meadow Village Trailer Park. Carmen Northrop, 88, was overcome by smoke inside the home and died of smoke inhalation.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Hayden woman killed in trailer fire

Carmen Northrop, 88, overcome by smoke in mobile home

Carmen Northrop died after a fire Tuesday morning in Meadow Village Trailer Park. The blaze ignited when her husband tried to thaw a frozen pipe using a portable propane torch, Hayden Police Chief Ray Birch said.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.