Photo detail

A Steamboat Springs firefighter exits the scene of a home explosion in Oak Creek on Wednesday morning after helping clear debris from the area. The blast, which resulted in the death of Oak Creek resident Dennis Eugene Harris, likely was caused by a propane leak.

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Propane safety stressed

Keeping equipment free of snow, ice crucial in winter

Fire officials are reminding propane customers to keep their equipment free of ice and snow in the winter, after a gas explosion Wednesday morning killed a 64-year-old Oak Creek man.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.