Yellowjacket Pass home known for indoor swimming pool goes to auction Feb. 20
February 15, 2013
Steamboat Springs — One of the most talked about homes in the Yampa Valley, originally developed on Yellowjacket Pass by the late J.P. Lipson, goes to auction at 2 p.m. Wednesday.
The home is situated on 53 acres at 26105 Henderson Park Road overlooking Stagecoach Reservoir and has six-plus bedrooms and seven bathrooms. But the home is best known for its indoor swimming pool, set in a room lined with stone under a vaulted ceiling.
Tours of the home are being given from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Monday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and beginning at 11 a.m. Wednesday. A certified check in the amount of $100,000 and made payable to the bidder is required to register to bid.
Other features of the home include:
• Geothermal heating
• Complete home audio system, theater, gym and heated indoor pool
• Gourmet kitchen with Viking and Sub Zero appliances
• Expansive outdoor stone patios with hot tub and sauna
• Ski-in/ski-out privileges at the exclusive Christie Club at Steamboat Ski Area optional
• Horse-friendly property with ample riding options
For more information, go to http://www.grandestatesauction.com and click on the featured auction on the right side of the page.
To reach Tom Ross, call 970-871-4205 or email tross@SteamboatToday.com