VNA: Children’s dental care substandard |

Back to: News

VNA: Children’s dental care substandard

Resources available for parents, families struggling in recession


Those who need help with dental care can call the Northwest Dental Coalition at 970-824-8000. Located at 485 Yampa Ave. in Craig, the dental coalition accepts Medicaid. Bear River Dental Associates in Hayden, at 970-276-3123, also accepts Medicaid.

Routt County residents seeking Medicaid eligibility screening or other health services and referrals can call the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association at 970-879-1632 or visit the Steamboat Springs VNA office in the medical building next to Yampa Valley Medical Center.

Resources also are available through Routt County’s human services department, at 970-879-1540.

Dentist Dana Fujita, left, and assistant DJ Barger fill one of 6-year-old Adriel Vigil's cavities Thursday at the Northwest Dental Coalition in Craig. Adriel's grandmother, Frances Vigil, said there was no charge for the service. The family uses Medicaid for Adriel's health care.

Shawn McHugh