VNA, Boys & Girls Club address grief for Craig, Steamboat youths
November 18, 2013
If you go
What: Children’s Grief Awareness Day event
When and where: 4 to 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Boys & Girls Club of Craig and Thursday at the Boys & Girls Club of Steamboat Springs
Contact: 970-871-7682 or firstname.lastname@example.org…
1. I have the right to have my own unique feelings about death.
2. I have the right to talk about my grief whenever I feel like talking.
3. I have the right to show my feelings of grief in my own way.
4. I have the right to need other people to help me with my grief, especially grown-ups who care about me.
5. I have the right to get upset about normal, everyday problems.
6. I have the right to have “griefbursts.”
7. I have the right to use my beliefs about my god to help me deal with my feelings of grief.
8. I have the right to try to figure out why the person I love died.
9. I have the right to think and talk about my memories of the person who died.
10. I have the right to move toward and feel my grief and, over time, to heal.
Source: Dr. Allen Wolfelt
Craig — The loss of a loved one is difficult to cope with for anyone, but for those who don't fully understand death, it can be especially hard, which is why the third Thursday in November is devoted to helping young people comprehend the natural occurrence a little bit better.