Traffic information for Steamboat Marathon on Sunday
June 6, 2010
Steamboat Springs — Traffic delays in Steamboat Springs should be expected this morning during the Steamboat Marathon and downtown construction, according to Scott Contracting. The event includes a full marathon, a half-marathon and a 10-kilometer race. The runs begin at 7:30 a.m. and finish at the old Routt County Courthouse at Sixth Street and Lincoln Avenue in Steamboat Springs.
Traffic will flow as follows on U.S. Highway 40, or Lincoln Avenue, downtown:
- Traffic will flow one lane in each direction on U.S. 40 with narrow traffic lanes between 13th and 11th streets.
- U.S. 40 eastbound traffic will have access to Oak Street at Ninth Street.
- U.S. 40 westbound traffic will have access to Oak Street at Fifth and Eighth streets.
- Traffic from Oak Street to U.S. 40 east and west will have access only at Fifth and Ninth streets.
- Traffic crossing U.S. 40 will be allowed to cross at Fifth and Ninth streets. Fifth Street is recommended.
There also will be delays in North Routt, where the marathon and half-marathon start.
- On Routt County Road 129 from Cullens Corner to the start of the half-marathon, there will be one-way traffic controlled by a pilot car leading traffic on the southbound side of the road.
- Northbound traffic on C.R. 129 will be diverted to the left lane just past the entrance to Elk River Estates and proceed north to Cullens Corner where traffic controllers will be in place.
- Southbound traffic on C.R. 129 will be diverted at Cullens Corner onto C.R. 44 and then back onto C.R. 129 just north of the airport.
Race courses are scheduled to close at 1 p.m.