The Record for Wednesday, May 22, 2013
May 23, 2013
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Police, fire and ambulance calls
1:37 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called to a report of an unoccupied dump truck with a turn signal on in the 1800 block of Lincoln Avenue.
1:48 a.m. Officers contacted a person inside a restaurant in the 2000 block of Curve Plaza. It was an employee doing weekly inventory.
1:51 a.m. Officers were called to a report of a man urinating in the 1000 block of Lincoln Avenue. The man was given a citation.
6:14 a.m. Routt County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to a report of a noninjury accident near mile marker 58 on Colorado Highway 131.
1:13 p.m. Deputies were called to a report of a theft in the 100 block of East First Street in Yampa.
Recommended Stories For You
2:27 p.m. Officers were called to a report of an abandoned car, containers and debris in the 100 block of 12th Street. The owner of the property was given seven days to clean it up.
2:35 p.m. Oak Creek Fire Protection District firefighters were called to a report of a wildland fire in the 20500 block of Routt County Road 16. It was an agricultural burn that got out of control. The fire was put out.
4:21 p.m. Officers were called to a report of gas stolen in the 2000 block of Curve Plaza. It was a misunderstanding.
5:06 p.m. Deputies were called to check on the welfare of a person in the 38900 block of Main Street in Milner.
7:27 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a bear on top of a small Dumpster in the 800 block of South Lincoln Avenue. The bear was scared off. A bear and two cubs returned to the area about 40 minutes later. They also were scared away.
8:43 p.m. Oak Creek firefighters were called to a report of a gas leak in the 200 block of South Sharp Avenue.
11:43 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a dead beaver in the road at Walton Creek Road and South Lincoln Avenue. It was moved out of the road.
11:51 p.m. Officers contacted a man sleeping in a camper at Seventh Street and Lincoln Avenue. He was given a warning because camping is illegal in the city.