Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Tuesday, Sept. 4
September 4, 2012
Weather: The jet stream that brought Steamboat some moisture during the weekend has passed, and high temperatures should start the week in the 80s before dropping to the high 70s by the end of the week. Mostly sunny skies are forecast.
• The demand is there, but bike tour operators say current regulations have kept them from offering guided mountain bike rides on local U.S. Forest Service land. Bike tour companies want access to Routt National Forest
• Steamboat Springs police on Monday morning arrested a motorcycle driver who they say led officers on a high-speed chase downtown. Steamboat man leads police on high-speed chase downtown
• Steamboat Springs city officials on Tuesday night will ask the City Council to find room in the 2013 budget for pay raises to firefighters and paramedics. Steamboat City Council to discuss budget, city manager
• Peering at us from out of the darkness on late-summer evenings are the twinkling eyes of Draco the Dragon. Jimmy Westlake: The Eyes of the Dragon
• Amy Charity thought she was able to break away during the Steamboat Stage Race on Monday. But Julie Emmerman stayed with her, and the hometown hero had to settle for second. Steamboat Stage Race swoops to a close; Charity just short