Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Tuesday, Jan. 28
January 28, 2014
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• Sonja Hinrichsen, a naturalist and snow artist, took a different approach to her Routt County project this year at Catamount Lake. This year’s snow drawing project a tribute to Lake Catamount’s creation
• According to the arrest affidavit filed in Routt County Court, when Oak Creek Police Chief Bobby Rauch arrived at 7:24 p.m., he said he found two victims who reported Glen Alan Shaffer and his son Glen Alan Shaffer Jr. had just forced their way into the house with boards and yelled "give us your money." Father and son arrested in Oak Creek after allegedly assaulting men with wooden boards during robbery
• Intrawest hopes to net about $43.6 million from its initial public offering after covering the expenses of the process, according to documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Intrawest looks to net $43.6 million from IPO
• What was intended to be a positive and constructive dialogue about the future of a small, sensitive bird in Northwest Colorado has morphed into a broader discussion about the freedom of the press in Colorado. Colorado media groups say Interior Secretary violated spirit of 1st amendment by barring reporters from public sage grouse meeting
• Union Wireless will be prepared for Tuesday’s permit hearing with a petition the company says was signed by 294 people favoring the new tower, including seven people who live within a half mile of it. Union Wireless mounts second appeal seeking to build ‘monopine’ cell tower south of Steamboat
Recommended Stories For You
• RealtyTrac, a real estate information company that specializes in foreclosure data, considered nine factors when evaluating 19 ski town markets for their investment potential. Ski town real estate investing analysis places Steamboat in middle of pack
• American Pickers filmed in Steamboat Springs in September. Who’s that ‘pickin’ on Cookie Lockhart?
• With a handful of riders in new slots, the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club boardercross crew came away from Copper over the weekend with some positive results. SSWSC boardercross crew shows out at Copper