Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Tuesday, Jan. 21
January 21, 2014
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• If there is a generalization I feel safe making about rodeo cowboys, it is that they are almost universally polite to strangers and seemingly impervious to pain. Larry Mahan, Billy Kidd reunite on the slopes of the Steamboat Ski Area as Cowboy Downhill turns 40
• Special events that are set to receive special event funding include a new ranch rodeo and first round bull riding series slated for July 3 in Steamboat and a bike week that will coincide with the 2014 world summit of the International Mountain Biking Association. Steamboat City Council to consider approving $100,000 worth of 2014 special event funding
• A Jeep commercial shot in and around Steamboat Springs was shown during the weekend's football games and will continue to run throughout the X Games this upcoming weekend. Jeep commercial shot in Steamboat to air during X Games
• The danger of Hilltop Parkway when it gets icy in the winter was apparent Dec. 23 when a Jeep Cherokee, traveling an estimated 30 to 35 miles per hour, slid off the road and hit a group of pedestrians who were walking the same direction as the Jeep. City lowers speed limit on a stretch of Hilltop Parkway
• The Soroco High School girls basketball team relied on hot shooting to roll to another win, beating Longmont Christian on the road on Monday night, 52-47. Soroco girls tally another win Monday