Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Tuesday, April 9
April 9, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• More than 130 people who showed up at the Steamboat Springs Community Center on Monday night heard two local gun shop owners say they don't want to have anything to do with facilitating the newly mandated background checks for gun sales they are not directly involved in. Federally licensed gun dealers in Routt County wary of doing background checks for private sales
• On a night when the budget proposals of seven district programs and buildings were presented to the public, funding for the elementary schools spurred the most feedback. Steamboat Springs School District kicks off budget season with community forum
• The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for Steamboat Springs and the surrounding areas from 6 p.m. Monday through Tuesday night. Winter weather advisory promises snow, wind for Steamboat Springs
• Hayden grad Holli Salazar and Soroco grad Alex Estes, who were state champions in track and field in high school, were back to their outstanding ways last weekend during collegiate track events. Routt County collegiate athletes round-up for April 9
• The Steamboat Springs High School boys lacrosse team took care of business in a 12-1 win Monday against Fruita Monument. Steamboat rolls by Fruita, 12-1