Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Thursday, July 4
July 4, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• As it should, the parade will be led off by the American Legion and VFW color guard in recognition of those who have served to protect the nation's independence. Steamboat parade runs gamut from brainy beauty queen to Redneck Olympians | Find the full schedule of events for 2013 Fourth of July
• To further improve pedestrian safety on the roadway, the city of Steamboat Springs plans to replace several parallel parking spots on Yampa Street with the city’s first reverse angle spaces that are starting to become popular in metropolitan areas far away from Steamboat. City of Steamboat Springs to introduce new style of parking on Yampa Street
• When Yampa celebrates the Fourth of July this year, leading the way will be two grand marshals who know quite a bit about South Routt tradition. Iacovetto, Farrington to serve as grand marshals for Yampa’s July 4th parade
• Routt County Sheriff's Office deputy Juan Berber spotted the smoke coming from the fire while patrolling farther to the north. Fire causes heavy damage in North Routt County
• Saturday’s Mountain Madness half-marathon will serve as a benefit for longtime director of the race Scott Blair. Saturday running race benefit for Blair