Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Monday, Oct. 7
October 7, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• Before Tuesday morning, Lynn Abbott said her quest to find her daughter’s family a better health insurance plan was herculean. Launch of new health insurance marketplace already changing lives in Routt County
• A standoff at the Ptarmigan Inn ended early Sunday morning. Standoff ends in Steamboat early Sunday
• The popular Soup Bowl Supper returns to Steamboat on Wednesday. Soup Bowl Supper returns to Steamboat
• Around 20 students from the CMC class “College 101” spent a couple days last week cleaning up campsites near Buffalo Pass that are notorious for attracting messy, college-aged partiers during the summer. Colorado Mountain College class gets outdoor lesson on camp cleanup
• On Sunday at Gardner Field, boys and girls lacrosse players from grades four through 12 competed in the second-annual Steamboat Chumash Challenge. It was a way to get in some conditioning and even familiarize some with the game. Prep athletes get a taste of lacrosse in the fall