Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Monday, Nov. 25
November 25, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• The communities of Hayden and Steamboat Springs are ready to crank up the ovens for their free Thanksgiving feasts. Hayden, Steamboat Springs prepare for Thanksgiving feasts
• You’re probably thinking about it right now. You know, all that rich stuffing, fried turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries and the like. It’s the holiday eating season, and chances are there will be plenty of calories to consume along with all of the joyous memories you are about to gain. Local dietitians offer tips to eat right this holiday season
• Economic data can lend some insight into how Routt County residents already are spending their money and identify the areas a buy local campaign might be able to affect. Economic data highlights potential of increasing local spending
• The Steamboat Springs School Board will reassess Monday night the idea of implementing a more expensive facilities improvement plan at local schools. Steamboat Springs School Board to take 2nd look at facilities improvement plan
• The fifth annual Turkey Trot will begin at 9 a.m. at Steamboat Springs High School and head 4.6 miles into Strawberry Park for an entirely paved out-and-back route. Turkey Trot returns, 5 years strong on Thursday