Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Monday, March 4
March 4, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• The board’s discussion comes after a local parent told the School Board earlier this year it should work to find a way to fund a program that currently is tuition based. Steamboat Springs School Board to discuss full-day kindergarten funding at Monday meeting
• Cabin Fever Day at Stagecoach State Park served as a reminder that there are plenty of things to do in Routt County’s state parks in these final weeks of winter aside from the popular sport of ice-fishing. Local state parks offer fun cures for cabin fever
• The Steamboat Springs City Council on Tuesday night could sign off on a major building project and officially extend Deb Hinsvark’s tenure as the city’s top employee. Steamboat Springs City Council to weigh contract extension for Interim City Manager Deb Hinsvark
• They have to beat them all at some point. At least, that's what the Hayden High School boys basketball team is telling itself after it was disappointed Sunday by the regional basketball pairings. Hayden boys basketball faces tough test at regional tournament
• A rescheduled competition didn't facilitate a large competitive field, but those skiers and snowboarders who did show up to compete Sunday at The Ride slope-style throwdown, a Steamboat Park Challenge event, laid down a barrage of top tricks. Steamboat Park Challenge flies through terrain park