Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Monday, March 11
March 11, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• Undersherriff Ray Birch said Deputy Jesse Lee McAvoy was driving west on U.S. Highway 40 at about 4:20 a.m. when his personal vehicle hit a patch of ice and crashed into a snowbank near mile marker 121. Off-duty Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputy arrested on suspicion of DUI following Milner crash
• At a City Council meeting last week, City Attorney Tony Lettunich confirmed an election would be required to commit the revenue stream to a project for an extended number of years or to finance any project through bonds. As vetting of Steamboat lodging tax proposals nears end, public vote becomes more likely
• The National Weather Service is calling for a warming trend to really kick in Wednesday with a projected high temperature of 51 degrees. The forecast calls for the high temperature here Friday to reach 53 degrees. Warm days ahead in forecast for Steamboat Springs
• The Germans dominated a Sunday sprint relay event at a World Cup Nordic combined event in Lahti, Finland while the United States pair of Bryan Fletcher and Taylor Fletcher finished seventh. Fletchers ski to 7th in Nordic combined World Cup event
• Lennon Vaughn led the way for Steamboat skiers at the Freestyle Junior Nationals, placing fourth in the half-pipe event. Steamboat skiers grab top finishes at Freestyle Junior Nationals