Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Monday, April 9
June 9, 2014
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• Sofia Rodriguez could not have imagined that in 2014, as a high school junior, it would become her life's ambition to be a physicist. Nor could Sarah MacCarthy, a graduate of the University of Utah, have foretold that her career focus would center on her fluency in Spanish. World spins in unanticipated ways for Colombian girl, teen mentor
• ReTree Steamboat is planting about 1,700 trees this year, and about 600 went into the ground Sunday. ReTree tries to get its forest to take root
• Residents here logged 485 workouts and reportedly burned 2.2 million calories in the LiveWell Colorado Get Movin’ Challenge, according to results released Thursday. Steamboat Springs ranks high in fitness challenge results
• Heather Gollnick led the way for a group of Steamboat Springs racers on Saturday in the Dino Tri triathlon in Vernal, Utah. Locals show well at Utah triathlon
• Hayden beat Steamboat Springs in an open baseball game in Steamboat on Sunday, making the two teams 2-1 now past the midway point of a summer spanning five-game series. Hayden beats Steamboat in open baseball