Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Friday, May 31
May 31, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition.
• The information was contained in a court order for a sample of Lesyshen's blood that will be used to collect DNA. The court order also states Lesyshen bought .22-caliber ammunition at a Steamboat Springs gun shop the day before the shooting at her Stagecoach home. Court documents: Lisa Lesyshen confesses to killing her son | Remembering Asher Lesyshen-Kirlan photo gallery
• A 5-year-old boy died Thursday after wandering away from his parents and being found in a pond near a ranch in the southernmost part of Routt County, according to an Eagle County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman. Search for 5-year-old boy in far South Routt County ends in tragedy
• Keith Appel and Teneil Jayne are inviting the community to attend their wedding at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Steamboat Springs High School football field. Community invited to Appel wedding Saturday in Steamboat Springs
• Steamboat Springs is playing host to more than 400 Rotarians this weekend as part of the Rotary District 5440 Conference. Hundreds of Rotarians gathering in Steamboat for annual conference
Recommended Stories For You
• Every campus in the Steamboat Springs School District will have a new assistant principal next school year. Steamboat Springs School District announces new assistant principals
• Ride 4 Yellow won't return to Steamboat Springs this summer, according to event founder Dave Nagel and the event's website. Ride 4 Yellow to skip summer event in Steamboat
• The Steamboat Marathon is returning for its 32nd go-around Sunday, drawing as many as 1,600 runners to the Yampa River Valley. Marathoners set to again swarm into Steamboat
• As much as Elevation Dance Studio’s third annual recital is about dance, it’s also about a journey through music. Steamboat Springs dance studio to put on recital Friday and Saturday
• After the internet burst her on the scene, Steamboat artist Katie Ross is experiencing the full spectrum of the music industry. Steamboat Springs musician Katie Ross continues happy ride toward stardom
• The stunts, more insane than ever, will catch your eye while the prominent theme of family rings true and makes you care about this ragtag band of misfits even if you've spent the past decade trying to ignore these films. Andy Bockelman: Pedal and metal rarely separate in 6th 'Fast & Furious'