Steamboat Springs morning roundup for Friday, June 21
June 21, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• The change from 25 to 15 mph was made by the city to improve pedestrian safety, and the slower traffic was welcomed by cyclists and walkers Thursday. Speed limit on Steamboat’s Yampa Street lowered to improve pedestrian safety
• A recalled frozen berry mix sold at Costco was used in smoothies sold in Steamboat Springs from May 24 to June 8, according to a news release from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Frozen berry mix used in Steamboat restaurant linked to hepatitis A outbreak
• Steamboat's last significant moisture arrived on back-to-back days May 29 with 0.15 inches of rain followed by 0.34 inches on May 30. Chances for measurable June precipitation in Steamboat Springs dwindling fast
• Eric Meyer said the feeling was more profound the first time he reached the top of the world, but the nature of his second trip offered plenty of gratification of its own. Same summit, new satisfaction for Steamboat’s Meyer on Everest
• Organizers are hoping a June 28 fundraiser can help the next generation of Nordic combined athletes follow in the footsteps of the current trail-breaking team. Nordic combined events seek to fund future waves of athletes
• Friday's iteration of the Steamboat Springs Pro Rodeo Series will feature an athlete, a daredevil and a comedian. And he's all the same person. His name is Timber Tuckness, and he is a rodeo clown. Steamboat rodeo returns Friday with clown, Chute-Out
• Lannie Garrett will perform The Chick Sings Frank Friday at the Chief Theater. Steamboat Springs’ Chief Theater to host a night of Sinatra
• Six degrees of separation typically don't exist in Steamboat Springs. Two degrees is usually all it takes. With new exhibit, Tread of Pioneers Museum connects the vast Perry-Mansfield dots
• If you knew you weren't going to see tomorrow, what would be on your to-do list? With "This Is the End," there's really no wrong answer. Andy Bockelman: 'This Is the End': Apocalypse huh?