Steamboat Springs professional cyclist Amy Charity said her experience riding in the inaugural women's USA Pro Challenge was a cycling highlight.
Stage Classification Place, name, team, from John Murphy UHC USA Taylor Phinney BMC USA Lucas Sebastian Haedo JHB ARG Travis Mccabe SSC USA
Loveland to Ft. Collins
Steamboat Springs cyclist Amy Charity got a strong start to the women’s USA Pro Challenge on Friday and Saturday and after Stage 2 of the three-day stage race, she sat in 25th place.
Men's and women's race results
Steamboat Springs cyclist Amy Charity got a strong start to the women’s USA Pro Challenge on Friday, competing in the Stage 1 time trial in Breckenridge.
Stage 3 — Copper Mountain to Aspen
Stage 2 results
Routt County residents and visitors said goodbye to the USA Pro Challenge in style Tuesday at the summit of Rabbit Ears Pass.
Police and emergency responders say Stage 1 of the USA Pro Challenge went as smoothly as they had hoped.
The Jelly Belly-Maxxis cycling team’s support vehicle was easily the most popular during Stage 1 of Monday’s 2015 U.S.A Pro Challenge. Sure, the small Mazda was colorful, as a Jelly Belly car should be, but the popularity had more to do with the team's willingness to hand out its Sports Beans — basically jelly beans for athletes — to anyone who wanted to drive close enough to get some.
Stage 1 was supposed to be the easy day, but it turned into a major test. Now riders in the 2015 USA Pro Challenge face another major hurdle — or a series of them, actually — in a climb-filled Stage 2.
Lowell Conkle, 57, has avidly followed bike racing since the days when American Greg Lemond first won the Tour de France for the first of three times in 1986. However, Monday marked the first time he’d attended a road cycling race in person.
- • Share a photo or race-day story
- • Follow the hashtags #ProChallenge and #SteamboatPC for tweets about the USA Pro Challenge and the Bike Town USA Stages
- • Follow the Steamboat Pilot & Today on Twitter and Facebook
- • Follow the local organizing committee on Twitter and Facebook
- • Follow the Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association on Twitter and Facebook
- • Follow the USA Pro Challenge on Twitter and Facebook
Road closure information:
- • Map of downtown road closures
- • Map of Stage 1 overall start and race
- • Map of Stage 2 start
- • CDOT highway impact information
Race information:Tweets from https://twitter.com/steamboatpilot/lists/steamboat-pro-challenge