A look back at the top sports stories from the year past.
The USA Pro Challenge dominated Steamboat Springs for a week last summer, the professional cycling race’s third stop in the city in its five-year history. Race organizers announced Friday they were suspending the 2016 version of the event.
Steamboat Springs professional cyclist Amy Charity said her experience riding in the inaugural women's USA Pro Challenge was a cycling highlight.
Stage Classification Place, name, team, from John Murphy UHC USA Taylor Phinney BMC USA Lucas Sebastian Haedo JHB ARG Travis Mccabe SSC USA
Loveland to Ft. Collins
Steamboat Springs cyclist Amy Charity got a strong start to the women’s USA Pro Challenge on Friday and Saturday and after Stage 2 of the three-day stage race, she sat in 25th place.
Men's and women's race results
Steamboat Springs cyclist Amy Charity got a strong start to the women’s USA Pro Challenge on Friday, competing in the Stage 1 time trial in Breckenridge.
Stage 3 — Copper Mountain to Aspen
Stage 2 results
Routt County residents and visitors said goodbye to the USA Pro Challenge in style Tuesday at the summit of Rabbit Ears Pass.
Police and emergency responders say Stage 1 of the USA Pro Challenge went as smoothly as they had hoped.
The Jelly Belly-Maxxis cycling team’s support vehicle was easily the most popular during Stage 1 of Monday’s 2015 U.S.A Pro Challenge. Sure, the small Mazda was colorful, as a Jelly Belly car should be, but the popularity had more to do with the team's willingness to hand out its Sports Beans — basically jelly beans for athletes — to anyone who wanted to drive close enough to get some.
- • Share a photo or race-day story
- • Follow the hashtags #ProChallenge and #SteamboatPC for tweets about the USA Pro Challenge and the Bike Town USA Stages
- • Follow the Steamboat Pilot & Today on Twitter and Facebook
- • Follow the local organizing committee on Twitter and Facebook
- • Follow the Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association on Twitter and Facebook
- • Follow the USA Pro Challenge on Twitter and Facebook
Road closure information:
- • Map of downtown road closures
- • Map of Stage 1 overall start and race
- • Map of Stage 2 start
- • CDOT highway impact information
Race information:Tweets from https://twitter.com/steamboatpilot/lists/steamboat-pro-challenge