Shirl Joseph Prewitt
August 25, 2017
March 19, 1938- Aug. 23, 2017
Shirl Joseph Prewitt, 79 of Panama City Beach, passed away Aug. 23, 2017, at his home. Shirl was born in LaVeta, Colorado to Shirley and Mary (Krankota) Prewitt and spent most of his childhood in Hayden. Shirl is retired from the United States Merchant Marine, where he was employed as a radio officer for 30 years. He continued his love of radio after his retirement, and most people would recognize his call letters as W0TUT.
Shirl is survived by his wife, Alexandrina; his daughter, Sheila Prewitt and his son, David Nogueira all of Panama City Beach. Funeral services will be held privately in Colorado. Kent-Forest Lawn Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat base area condo project re-enters city planning process with new design
- Rams can’t corral Mustangs’ rally, fall 38-28 in state semifinal game
- Mixed bag of weather during run-up to Steamboat Resort opening Nov. 22
- Real estate transactions for November 9 to 16, 2017
- City of Steamboat invested thousands to promote downtown businesses impacted by construction. West Steamboat businesses wonder why they didn’t get the same support