Glenn Charles Mowery, Sr.
August 29, 2017
Glenn Charles Mowery. was born in Oak Creek, Colorado on June 13, 1936 to Max Mowery and Phyllis (Lambert) Mowery, and passed away in Denver, Colorado on February 14, 2017 at age 80.
Born from a family of French immigrants who found their way to Oak Creek, Colorado, aka, “The Promised Land”, who came by way of wagon train following their husbands who were already here mining in the US.
He was a native Coloradan who along with his brother Wayne, sisters Shirley, Betty and Joann became first generation born Americans.
Glenn Sr. is survived by his children, Glenn C. Mowery, Jr. and his wife Mary, Shawndra Hartman and her husband Steve, Richard Richmond and his wife Michelle, Glenda Rose Mowery and the late Eric Lambertsen.
Glenn is also survived by his sisters, Joann (Ernie, dec.) Lombardi and Betty Deane, brother Wayne Buntin and his wife Janice; grandchildren JR Lambertsen, Krystle Lambertsen Cutler, Nychole Chamberlin, Cassidy Lansford, Dylan Benharris, Rebecca Mowery and Zeelyn Richmond, great-grandson Jacob Chase, and daughter-in-law, Debbie Lambertsen. He was preceded in death by his sister, Shirley Alvarez.
The Graveside Service will be held on Sunday, September 3, 2017 at the Oak Creek Cemetery, 12:30 PM.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests memorial contributions be made to the Oak Creek Historical Society, P.O. Box 1, Oak Creek, Colorado 80467.
Please read Glenn C. Mowery, Sr. obituary at HoranCares.com, or follow this link:
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Steamboat ski shop’s customers can now get tuned up while they get a tune up
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- Steamboat Ski Area announces terrain for Opening Day on Wednesday