Colleen Bamford Frithsen
July 28, 2017
Nov. 25, 1935 – July 16, 2017
Colleen Bamford Frithsen passed away peacefully in her sleep at her residence in Walpole, New Hampshire. Mrs. Frithsen was born in Perth, Scotland, and later moved to Rockport, Massachusetts, where she met her beloved husband, the late Eugene Frithsen.
Colleen was a teacher in the Swampscott and Rockport school systems and enjoyed biking, swimming, walking, and adventures of all kinds. Colleen loved spending time with her family in Steamboat Springs, and would often bike and walk on the Yampa River Core Trail.
She is survived by sons: Ivar Frithsen and his wife, Emily, of Walpole, New Hampshire; and Craig Frithsen and his wife, Jenny, of Steamboat Springs; grandchildren Ruby, Ben, Connor and Angus Frithsen; and her brother, Eric Bamford, and his wife, Veronica, of London, England.
A memorial celebration will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 3, at the Frithsen home, 1147 Pine Street in Steamboat Springs.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Steamboat ski shop’s customers can now get tuned up while they get a tune up
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- Uber incident in Vail sparks statewide investigation, ends in $8.9 million fine