April 15, 2017
Lynn Petrillo, 77 died in Sisters, Oregon, on January 30th, 2017 from complications of dementia. Born July 7th, 1939 in Jersey City, New Jersey, growing up in Maywood, New Jersey. Graduated from Gettysburg College then worked for the Red Cross/ Army in Germany – where she learned to ski, and then Korea and Japan. In 1966 Lynn moved to Colorado to get her teaching certificate from, the University of Northern Colorado. She lived and taught school in Steamboat Springs, teaching 6th grade and 4th grade for a total of 6 years, then taught Art in the elementary school for 20 years. In 1998 while searching for a location that had the beauty of the mountains, while not having the harsh winters of Steamboat, she relocated to Salida. Her friends in both communities became her extended family. In 2015 she moved to Melbourne, Florida for 1 year, then to Bend Oregon in the spring of 2016, with her final move to Sisters, Oregon in November. Besides being a gifted artist and being active in her community, her other loves included; traveling, snow skiing, camping, hiking, mountain biking, swimming and reading. Most of all she loved her dogs. Memorial Contributions are welcome to an Animal Shelter of your choice. Lynn is survived by her 4 siblings, Janice Sienesi, Michael Petrillo, Danette Bialous, Glennis Bunch, nieces, nephews, and numerous extended family/ friends.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- New owner takes the reins at Steamboat’s Ore House steakhouse
- Steamboat Ski Area announces terrain for Opening Day on Wednesday
- Steamboat ski shop’s customers can now get tuned up while they get a tune up
- Utah ski resorts giddy over 2 seasons of record visitation and Olympic bid, but worried by DUI law