March 11, 2014
Elna Yoast was born in Fargo, Oklahoma on June 30, 1918. She moved to Colorado in 1931 and loved the mountains. Elna worked some in Reno, Nevada before getting a job in the Dunckley, Colorado area, where she met her future husband, Gilbert Yoast. They were married on May 8, 1938, in Hayden. They raised a family of seven children. She is survived by her sons Jim of Silt, Bill and Frank of Craig; her daughters Betty Talkington and Marian Pape of Craig, Jody Burdick of Aurora and Linda Roberts of Greeley. She is also survived by 14 grandchildren, 20 great grandchildren, 5 great great grandchildren, 6 sisters and a brother. She was preceded in death by her parents Loyd and Cora McCoy., 3 sisters, 3 brothers, a son-in-law, 2 grand sons and her husband. Elna died on February 3, 2014, at the Sandrock Ridge Care Center in Craig. Graveside services and interment were at the Hayden Cemetery.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Homeless chef suspected of dealing heroin in Routt County
- Steamboat Springs teens missing since Monday found safe
- Steamboat Ski Area investigating mountain coaster incident
- Steamboat Police Department bids farewell to veteran officer
- New single-family homes 22 miles west of Steamboat signal evolving housing market