Arlyle C. Standish
November 25, 2013
Arlyle C. Standish, 93, of Steamboat Springs, Colorado, passed away on November, 23, 2013. Arlyle was born in Plymouth, Wisconsin on November 25, 1919. She married George O. Standish in 1943; they were married for 57 years before he passed away in 2000. Arlyle and George lived in Wisconsin and Iowa before moving to Colorado in 1992 to be closer to their grandchildren. In 2005, Arlyle moved to Steamboat Springs from the Denver area, where she lived with her son Jim's family until, upon declining health, she moved to a nearby assisted living facility. Baking and sewing were Arlyle's passions until failing eyesight robbed her of those activities. She cherished hearing the news from friends and family in the Plymouth area, as that was always where her heart was.
Arlyle was preceded in death by her husband George, and her parents Edgar and Frona Hicken. Arlyle is survived by her three children and their spouses: Tom Standish and Nancee Morgan (Michael Morgan), both of Aurora, Colorado, and Jim Standish (Ellen Standish), of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. She also leaves four grandchildren: Brian, Kacey, and Taylor Morgan (all of Aurora, CO), and Daria Standish (Steamboat Springs, CO). After cremation, her ashes will be interred at Plymouth's Woodlawn Cemetery and at Winooski Cemetery in the Town of Lyndon, Wisconsin.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Steamboat ski shop’s customers can now get tuned up while they get a tune up
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- Steamboat Ski Area announces terrain for Opening Day on Wednesday