Steven Otto Stockdale
June 23, 2013
Steven Otto Stockdale, 62, died June 18, 2013, in Louisville. Steve was born Oct. 3, 1950, to Fred W. and Helen L. (Bergman) Stockdale in Kokomo, Ind. He graduated from Northwestern High School.
Steve lived from 1982 to 2007 in Steamboat Springs, where he was a contractor and custom-home builder. He recently retired to Belize.
He enjoyed camping, trout fishing, hunting and skiing in Steamboat. In later years, Steve enjoyed ocean fishing, diving and the island life.
Steve is preceded in death by his parents and a sister, Janet.
He is survived by two sons, Jacob (Megan) Stockdale and Nicholas (Amy) Stockdale; two beloved grandsons, Bodhi and Jovani Stockdale; sister Ann (John) Bingaman, of Kokomo; two brothers, Bill (Rosita) Stockdale, of Carmel, Ind., and Tom (Mary) Stockdale, of Ora Valley, Ark.; and many nieces and nephews.
A celebration of life was at 11 a.m. June 22, 2013, at Ahlberg Funeral Chapel. Memorial contributions may be made to the Imagine Yoga Project, in care of Ahlberg Funeral Chapel. Share condolences at http://www.ahlbergfuneralchapel.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- New owner takes the reins at Steamboat’s Ore House steakhouse
- Steamboat Ski Area announces terrain for Opening Day on Wednesday
- Steamboat ski shop’s customers can now get tuned up while they get a tune up
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project