Arlin Bruce Collins
June 9, 2013
Arlin Bruce Collins was born Sept. 24, 1951, in Lake City, Minn., the son of Leon and Ramona (Writer) Collins. He was raised and attended school in Pine Island, Minn.
Following high school, Arlin served in the U.S. Air Force from June 12, 1969, until June 11, 1973, and attained the rank of staff sergeant.
Arlin moved to Hayden after the service and resided there until his death.
He had worked as a lineman, disc jockey and was a stocker and garden shop manager at Walmart. He enjoyed listening to music and collecting DVDs.
He died at his home May 18, 2013. He was 61.
Arlin is survived by his mother and stepfather, Ramona and Paul Blee, of Grand Junction; his father and stepmother, Leon and Ardis Collins, of Lake Park, Iowa; his sister Sandy Lowther, of Rochester, Minn.; his brother Emory Blee, of Grand Junction; and several nieces and nephews.
Arlin was preceded in death by his sister Marie Blee and brothers Andy Collins and Michael Blee.
Cremation has taken place and a graveside service will be held at 3 p.m. June 12, 2013, at the Veterans Memorial Cemetery of Western Colorado in Grand Junction.
Trending In: Obituaries
- David Ihde: No one owes you a place to live in Steamboat
- Tiny house projects proposed in Hayden, Oak Creek
- City disagrees with Steamboat Ski Area over occupancy limit at employee housing complex
- Steamboat fireworks guru Tim Borden makes pumpkins go boom
- Steamboat residents rally to try and save Yampa River Queen