Donald Jack Sanders
May 26, 2013
Donald Jack Sanders, 86, of Independence, Mo., passed away May 21, 2013. Donald was born April 11, 1927, in Douglas, Wyo., and was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving during the Korean War. He was a pioneer in special education, serving in five school districts in Northwest Colorado. He and his wife were longtime residents of Steamboat Springs and Grand Junction prior to moving to Independence in 2006. Donald was a member of First United Methodist Church of Independence.
He is survived by one son, David Sanders, and his wife, Maria, of Missouri; two daughters, Donna Hansen and husband Rory and Debra Sanders, both of Arizona; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren, who all are celebrating Donald's life and reunion with his wife, Doris; brother Harold Sanders; and his parents, Mace and Wilma Sanders.
A graveside service was held at 1 p.m. May 24 at Xander Cemetery in Liberty, Ill. A memorial service was at 11 a.m. May 25 at the First United Methodist Church of Independence. Online condolences may be expressed at http://www.speakschapel.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Families, police search for runaway teens from Steamboat
- Lawsuit claims former Steamboat Springs City Councilman owes former ranch owners $2.3M for unpaid loan
- Credit card skimmers found at Steamboat gas station
- Man suspected of committing wildlife crimes in Routt County
- Jail Report for Oct. 8 to Oct. 14, 2017