Terry Allen Kalwaitis
May 18, 2013
Terry Kalwaitis lost his battle with cancer May 12, 2013.
Terry was born in Steamboat Springs on Aug. 11, 1953. He lived, attended school, worked and played in the Yampa Valley for the duration of his life. He contributed greatly to the community with his 20 years of service helping to build the sanctuary of the Strawberry Park Hot Springs with his brother Dean Kalwaitis. Terry will be remembered for his love of nature and his extreme talent to be able to translate beauty into poetry or wood crafting. He will be missed for the way he carried the spirit of the valley in his heart; never recognizing anyone as a stranger, everyone he met was a potential friend to be made.
Terry is preceded in death by his father and mother, Pete and Maxine Kalwaitis, and two of his brothers, Floyd and Peter Kalwaitis.
Terry is survived by his two sisters, Gerry Crawford and Trudy McCardle, and his brother Dean Kalwaitis. He also leaves behind his brother-in-law Richard Crawford, who was a brother and a friend for many years, and multiple nieces, nephews, cousins and their families.
Donations to the family can be made to Dean Kalwaitis, P.O. Box 770364, Steamboat Springs, CO 80477.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Families, police search for runaway teens from Steamboat
- Lawsuit claims former Steamboat Springs City Councilman owes former ranch owners $2.3M for unpaid loan
- Credit card skimmers found at Steamboat gas station
- Teen remains in critical condition after falling from fourth-floor balcony at Aspen’s Hotel Colorado
- Man suspected of committing wildlife crimes in Routt County