Ruby Margaret Cooper
March 31, 2013
Ruby Margaret (Devine) Cooper, 96, of Vacaville, Calif., passed away March 18.
Ruby was born in Beaumont, Texas, to Daniel F. and Iva (Keesee) Devine. She was the oldest of five children and grew up in the Kirkwood, Kan., area. She graduated from Pittsburg High. On Aug. 8, 1936, she married William Dale Cooper in Girard, Kan. They were married for 48 years. She had two sons, William Clinton (Jean), of Calhan, and Clifford Dale (Stephanie), of Vacaville.
Ruby was a dedicated and loving wife and mother with a pleasant personality who made a positive impression on every life she touched. During her life, she lived in Kirkwood and Pittsburg, Kan.; Steamboat Springs; Gallup, N.M.; Joplin, Mo.; and Vacaville, Calif. She was preceded in death by her husband, Dale, in 1985.
She is survived by her two sons, eight grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
A graveside service will be held at Garden of Memories Cemetery in Pittsburg at 11 a.m. April 5.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to NorthBay Healthcare Foundation Alzheimer's Resource Center, 1200 B. Gale Wilson Blvd., Fairfield, CA 94533-9980.
Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of the Nadeau Family Funeral Home, 707-455-7700, http://www.nadeaufuneralhome.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Former Steamboat business owners among group ordered to pay $7M for travel company scam
- Update: New wildfire grows to 2,100 acres, U.S. 40 in Moffat County remains closed
- Steamboat man suspected of stealing Christmas tree
- Million dollar home neighborhood in Steamboat bounces all the way back from recession
- Update: Moffat County wildfire 5,200 acres and growing, U.S. 40 remains closed