Elizabeth Heathe Hertzog
March 31, 2013
Elizabeth Heathe Hertzog was born June 18, 1946, in Fredonia, N.Y., and passed away March 11, 2013, in Steamboat Springs.
She is survived by her husband, Gary Hertzog; her children Matt Belton, Scott Belton, Libby Meyring and Ashley Hertzog and their spouses; and her six beloved grandchildren. She also is survived by two older brothers and their families.
Beth loved the outdoors; she spent her childhood summers at the family cabin in Canada canoeing and swimming. She was enthusiastic about backpacking, fishing, camping, snowshoeing, hiking, horseback riding and attending Rocky Mountain Fur Trade Era re-enactments. Another love of hers was animals, especially horses and dogs. Beth was an excellent cook and enjoyed cooking for her family and friends.
Her greatest love beyond nature and being outdoors was her family. She loved all family get-togethers, big and small, and especially adored her grandchildren. During her fight with leukemia, she fought with grace, courage, spirit and faith. She will be missed by many.
A family celebration of her life is planned for the summer. Along with her wishes, the family is asking for able individuals to donate blood. Monetary donations can be made to the Infusion Center at Yampa Valley Medical Center.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Families, police search for runaway teens from Steamboat
- Steamboat Springs teens missing since Monday found safe
- Lawsuit claims former Steamboat Springs City Councilman owes former ranch owners $2.3M for unpaid loan
- Credit card skimmers found at Steamboat gas station
- Homeless chef suspected of dealing heroin in Routt County