Edmond A. Chevalier
November 17, 2012
Edmond A. Chevalier passed away Nov. 3, 2012. He was born July 27, 1937, in Oak Creek. He grew up in Oak Creek and graduated from Oak Creek Union High School in 1955.
He married Judith Ann Cope on Sept. 17, 1960, in San Diego, Calif. She preceded him in death on Oct. 6, 2012.
Edmond served two tours of duty in Vietnam and was on a special military assignment with the Western White House during the administrations of Presidents Nixon and Ford. He was a member of the VFW. After retiring from the U.S. Marine Corps, Edmond worked at DDO in Ogden, Utah.
He liked camping, fishing, reading and tinkering with cars and motors.
Edmond is survived by his two daughters, Dorie (Michael) Sonley and Shawn Denise (Tom) Gallegos; grandchildren Thomas (Katelyn) Gallegos, Tierney (Ryan) Gonzales and Grace LeeAnn Sonley; two sisters, Betty June Buffington and Ruby Lou Peters; and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his wife and parents.
The family would like to thank close neighbors Collins and Shaylynn Taylor and Doug Wilson for all the care and help they provided Edmond and Judith.
Edmond will be cremated under the direction of Myers Ogden Mortuary.
Condolences may be sent to the family at http://www.myers-mortuary.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Former Steamboat business owners among group ordered to pay $7M for travel company scam
- Update: New wildfire grows to 2,100 acres, U.S. 40 in Moffat County remains closed
- Steamboat man suspected of stealing Christmas tree
- Million dollar home neighborhood in Steamboat bounces all the way back from recession
- Update: Moffat County wildfire 5,200 acres and growing, U.S. 40 remains closed