April 1, 2012
Roy Hindman, 88, of Hayden, passed away Jan. 22, 2012, at his home in Chubbuck, Idaho.
Born in the historic mining town of Mount Harris to Elmer Hindman and Evangeline Hughes, he was raised in Routt County before joining the Army Air Corps and flying with the 668th during World War II. He was honored with the Soldier's Medal and Air Medal, and he retired from Air Force after 27 years. He enjoyed retirement by building a mountain home near Grand Lake and fishing in and around the area. He took pride in teaching others and will be remembered for his story telling and wonderful sense of humor.
Roy is preceded in death by his wife, Gilberte, of France. Together they had three children: Ron Hindman (wife Donna), of Grand Junction; Rick Hindman (wife Beth), of Conifer; and Leslie Gresham (husband Walter), of Parker. He also is survived by four grandchildren, Alexandra, Zoe, Marcus and Noah; a great-grandson, George; his dear sister, Margaret Hurst, of Denver; and his wife of 10 years Ellen Carter Hindman, who lives in Idaho.
Memorial services will be held at 2 p.m. April 13, 2012 at Fort Logan National Cemetery in Denver, where he will receive full military honors.
Trending In: Obituaries
- For sale: Slightly used chairs from Steamboat’s Storm Peak lift
- Jail report for Sept. 17 to Sept. 23, 2017
- Real estate transactions for Sept. 15 through 22
- More than 18 miles of new Buff Pass trails come into focus
- RiverView stakeholders expect to start building public infrastructure in downtown Steamboat this spring