Barbara Jean Shively
March 3, 2012
Barbara J. Shively passed from this life Feb. 25, 2012, at the Doak Walker Care Center in Steamboat Springs.
She was born May 12, 1924, in Ault to Ralph and Julia Bowman. She married Jack D. Shively on Sept. 15, 1946, in Steamboat Springs. While married, the couple resided in Steamboat Springs, Denver and Cedaredge.
Barbara returned to Steamboat Springs following Jack's death in 1986. She then lived in her parents' house at 847 Aspen St. until she moved to the Doak Walker Care Center in 2007.
Barbara was preceded in death by her husband; parents; and brother Bob Bowman.
She is survived by her son Ron, his wife, Dena, and their children, Brian, of Steamboat Springs, and Robin, of Englewood; her second son Jon (Rob), his wife, Irene, and their children, Julie and grandson A.J., of Broomfield; and by son Robert and his wife, Cristle, and grandson Will, of Longmont. She also leaves a sister-in-law, Katie Boettler Bowman, and her children Judy Beghtol, Mark and Michael Bowman.
Our mother will be greatly missed as she was very loving and caring to all of her family. Donations can be made to the Doak Walker Care Center. A service will be planned for this summer.
For more information, call the Yampa Valley Funeral Home at 970-879-1494.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Former Steamboat business owners among group ordered to pay $7M for travel company scam
- Update: New wildfire grows to 2,100 acres, U.S. 40 in Moffat County remains closed
- Steamboat man suspected of stealing Christmas tree
- Million dollar home neighborhood in Steamboat bounces all the way back from recession
- Update: Moffat County wildfire 5,200 acres and growing, U.S. 40 remains closed