Jack Chester Wheeler
February 25, 2012
Jack Chester Wheeler was born March 7, 1936, in Steamboat Springs to George William Wheeler and Elizabeth Hazel Monger Wheeler.
He received a Bachelor of Science degree from Colorado A&M (Colorado State University). On Aug. 16, 1959, he married Donna Jean Smith, and they have resided on their ranch north of Erie ever since.
He was active in volunteering to help youths and agriculture. Jack was a 4-H leader for Cloverleaf Riders. He is one of the founding members of the St. Vrain Round-up Club and served on the Boulder County Fair Board and the Boulder Valley Soil Conservation Board. He participated in chariot racing. Jack and Donna sponsored the stick horse rodeo during the Longmont Old Timers Rodeo Association (Colorado Senior Pro Charity Rodeo Association).
Surviving relatives include his wife, Donna Jean Wheeler; daughters Dee Jay Wheeler Smith and Jackie (Stener) Carlson; three grandchildren, J.T. Smith, Tristan Smith and Brooke Carlson; sister Viola Fry; step-mother Frances Wheeler; and numerous other relatives.
He is preceded in death by his mom, Elizabeth Wheeler; and his dad, George Wheeler.
Jack passed away Feb. 20 at Longmont United Hospital. A memorial service was Feb. 25, 2012, at Rocky Mountain Christian Church in Niwot.
Memorial contributions can be made to Boulder County 4-H Foundation in lieu of flowers. Visit http://www.ahlbergfuneralchapel.com to share condolences.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Steamboat ski shop’s customers can now get tuned up while they get a tune up
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- Uber incident in Vail sparks statewide investigation, ends in $8.9 million fine