LaVerna “Bonnie” Sarahbell Hudson
February 18, 2012
LaVerna Sarahbell "Bonnie" Hudson, formerly of Steamboat Springs, passed away Feb. 11, 2012, in Carr. She was 87.
Bonnie was born Feb. 3, 1925, in Lakewood to John and Minnie Wood.
Bonnie worked at Meadow Gold Dairy until retiring in 1982. She married Eric Hudson on Aug. 1, 1982. They made their home in Oak Creek until his passing in 2007, when she relocated to Carr to spend her days with her family there.
She loved fishing and being outdoors, spending summers camping in the mountains, crafting and planting flowers and traveling whenever the opportunity arose.
She is survived by numerous nieces and nephews; great-nieces and great-nephews; and great-great nieces and great-great nephews; and the family of her late husband, Eric Hudson, of Steamboat and Grand Junction.
She was preceded in death by her parents, John and Minnie Wood; all seven of her siblings; husband, Eric Hudson; and nephew Benny L. Taylor.
A funeral service was held Feb. 18, 2012, at the Carr Community Church. A private burial will take place at Crown Hill Cemetery in Denver.
Flowers or donations can be sent to the Carr Community Church. Condolences may be sent at http://www.adamsonchapels.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Craig couple arrested on suspicion of stealing expensive mountain bikes from Steamboat
- Suspicious meat truck appears on Sixth Street: The Record for Wednesday, July 19, 2017
- Some Steamboat-area trails closed as crews improve elk habitat
- Steamboat Resort gondola will not open July 21, but resort will extend summer season
- Steamboat council president wants Trump to find peaceful resolution to North Korea standoff ahead of Olympics