February 4, 2012
Dean was born Jan. 7, 1944, in Oak Creek to the late Irving and Grace Denton. Dean lived in Steamboat Springs and had to retire after 28 years at Seneca Mine in Hayden because of end renal kidney disease.
For the past eight years, Dean had been in a care center in Fort Collins so he could do dialysis. On Dec. 22, 2011, Dean had a cardiac arrest during dialysis. On Dec. 29, 2011, Dean passed away with his family by his side at Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins.
Dean touched many people in his fight and will to live. We are so proud of our daddy and how hard he worked for us. He enjoyed NASCAR, hunting, wrestling and football.
He is survived by his wife of 50 years, Charly; and their five kids and seven grandkids: Doc and son Justin, Donny and daughter Katie, Mike and daughter Crystal, Ann and Carl Zeller and children Jeremy and Kaylann, Chris and Sean Kuchyt and children Ashlan and Derrick Alicea. He also is survived by his sister Georgia and her husband, Ernie Harms; niece Shelly Postoskie; and nephew Danny Postoskie.
A special thank you to Sean Kuchyt for helping all of us through this really hard time in our lives. Plans for a celebration of life will be announced at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- David Ihde: No one owes you a place to live in Steamboat
- Tiny house projects proposed in Hayden, Oak Creek
- Steamboat base area condo project re-enters city planning process with new design
- Mixed bag of weather during run-up to Steamboat Resort opening Nov. 22
- Male performers in Steamboat for ‘Ultimate Girls’ Night Out’