Genita K. Kline-Perkins
November 19, 2011
Genita K. Kline-Perkins passed away peacefully Nov. 11, 2011.
Genita was born in Steamboat Springs on Sept. 21, 1954, to Edward and Aldean Kline, who resided on the Lower Elk River.
She enjoyed animals from a very young age, taking care of them and even bringing them into her home to help them heal if they were ill. She also loved horses and riding at the ranch and in rodeos. Animals were a big part of Genita's life. She also enjoyed skiing, snowmobiling and other winter activities, as most from Routt County do. Genita had a strong appreciation for her kids and family. She loved her kids and grandchildren very much. She looked forward to every family gathering or birthday party that she went to.
Genita was survived by her aunt Naomi Arnold; her brother Gary Kline; her four children, Jeremy (Krista) Kline, of Craig, Tess (Travis) Bevan-Metzker, of Fruita, Levi (Amber) Bevan, of Grand Junction, and Zak (Ashley) Perkins, of Craig; and 10 grandchildren.
A private memorial service will be held.
Contributions can be made to Hospice and Palliative Care of Western Colorado, 3090 B N. 12th St., Grand Junction, CO 81506.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steamboat’s oldest downtown bar and restaurant listed for sale for $1
- Steamboat ski shop’s customers can now get tuned up while they get a tune up
- Former Steamboat City Council President accused of trying to intimidate a fellow council member from speaking out on housing project
- Witness who saw woman being brutally assaulted by boyfriend recognized as hero
- Uber incident in Vail sparks statewide investigation, ends in $8.9 million fine