Ligita Gina Berzina-Moettus
August 28, 2011
Ligita Gina "Kiki" Berzina-Moettus died Aug. 18, 2011, after a courageous battle with ovarian cancer. She was 81.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 50 years, Armand.
She is survived by daughters Alda Moettus (Peter Hedberg), of Edina, Minn., and Laila Powers (Rob), of Hahn's Peak; and 10 grandchildren.
Born in Riga, Latvia, on Oct. 13, 1929, she immigrated to the U.S. in 1950. She lived in North Olmsted, Ohio, from 1962 to 2007, then moved to Edina, Minn., before eventually splitting her time between Edina and Steamboat Springs.
She worked as an anesthesiologist at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland for more than 35 years. Creative, artistic and gifted at needlepoint and knitting, her greatest loves were her family, learning about history and the world, gardening and traveling. She lived life to the fullest, was greatly loved and will be deeply missed.
Trending In: Obituaries
- New owner takes the reins at Steamboat’s Ore House steakhouse
- Steamboat base area condo project re-enters city planning process with new design
- Jail Report for Nov. 12 to Nov. 18, 2017
- Rams can’t corral Mustangs’ rally, fall 38-28 in state semifinal game
- Van Life: Who’s behind the wheel, what they’re up to and where local van life might be headed