Nominations open for 2017 Navigator Awards
June 20, 2017
Nominations for the 2017 Navigator Awards, which honor Steamboat Springs’ outstanding business, business leader and young professional of the year, are now being accepted.
This year, a fourth award has been added — Service Excellence professional of the year, which will honor a front line service professional — and the awards celebration, which is slated for Sept. 8 will be held at a new venue, the Champagne Room at the top of Gondola.
The awards are presented by Steamboat Today and the Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association.
Last year, the Chief Theater was recognized as Business of the Year. Scott Marr, owner of the Steamboat Springs Holiday Inn was honored as Business Person of the Year, and Nick Sharp, chief operating officer of Rex’s Family of Restaurants,
was tapped as Young Professional of the Year.
Any Steamboat Chamber member in good standing is eligible for the Business of the Year award. Business owners or general managers employed by Steamboat Chamber members are eligible for the Business Person of the Year award, and the Young Professional of the Year award is open to any young business leader in the Steamboat Springs community or surrounding area. The new Service Excellence professional of the year is open to any front-line service professional employed by a chamber business.
Navigator Awards criteria include:
• Is actively involved in community projects that enrich the Steamboat Springs economy and community.
• Fosters a work atmosphere which encourages and supports employee development.
• Possesses a progressive management philosophy.
• Exhibits leadership among Steamboat businesses.
• Demonstrates positive support of business community.
• Goes above and beyond the call of duty to provide service excellence.
The deadline for nominations is Tuesday, Aug. 1. To nominate an individual or business, visit navigatorawards.com.